Information Users Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, update your profile, use the interactive features of our Services, participate in contests, promotions or surveys, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Basic user information , such as your name, username, gender, birth date, email address, mailing address, phone number and photographs;
- Messages and interactive forum information , such as discussion group posts, messages to other Real Jamaica users and information you provide in connection with activities and events; and
- Other background, contact and demographic information , such as your ethnicity, occupation, personalURL, IM username, emergency contact, home descriptions, travel history and plans and other interests and self-descriptions you choose to provide.
We also collect information about you from other Real Jamaica users, such as trust ratings, friend connections, public references and other interconnections and interactions between you and other Real Jamaica users.
Information We Collect Automatically From You
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you, including:
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location each time you access or use our mobile application or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more information, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Log Information: We collect log information about how you access or use our Services, including your access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and other Tracking Technologies: We may automatically collect information using cookies, web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”) and other tracking technologies to, among other things, improve our Services and your experience, monitor user activity, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. For information about removing or rejecting cookies, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your Real Jamaica account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile picture, connections and other account information in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site.
Use of Information
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Protect the safety of Real Jamaica users and verify users’ identities;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide other news and information about Real Jamaica and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the Services, which may include providing content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Sharing of Information
We do not share personal information about you with third parties except as follows:
- With your consent, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- With others who access or use our Services in accordance with the privacy settings you establish (please see “Your Information Choices” below for more information about how to manage your sharing preferences);
- With search engines in order to index the content you provide as part of a discussion forum;
- With partners who run contests, special offers or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Social Media Tools
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
Real Jamaica takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information Choices
You may change your privacy settings and determine whether certain information about you will be shared with others by navigating to your profile and editing your “Personal Designations.”
You may update or correct information about you, or deactivate your account, at any time by logging into your account and editing your profile. Please note that even after you deactivate your account, we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes and to protect member safety.
Location Information via Mobile Device
You have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device and by following the standard uninstall process and removing Real Jamaica’s application from your device. Doing so, however, may mean that you cannot use all or a portion of our Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies; however, our Services may not function properly if you do so.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Real Jamaica by following the instructions in those emails or by adjusting the appropriate settings in your profile. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account.